Monday 13 November 2006

learn to shred


welcome to the first part of my tutorial: learn to shred,

where I shall take your playing and supercharge it with the secrets and techniques of shred guitar

Q.   What is shred guitar?

A.   Shred guitar is a style of playing the guitar in a fast and technically profficient way
       Listen to a song called Scarified by Racer X to see what correct practice can do
       for your playing ( search scarified on youtube to see the song )


Q.  wow that is some good playing, how can I play like that? and how long will it take me?

A.  Through correct practice and patience you could learn to play like this within 6 months


Equipment list:
                          
for these lessons you will need: an electric guitar(check the link above) , a metronome
(  http://www.metronomeonline.com/  )

A heavy guitar pick (plectrum) ; I reccomend the dunlop big stubby 2mm
and 30-60 minutes a day


1 comment:

Unknown said...

does shredding need pedal?